About Me & Services
Hi, I'm Charlene Vernooy, I am a full time photographer, and the owner and main photographer of Vernooy Photography. I am an internationally qualified photographer, I graduated through the New York Institute of Photography (NYIP), I also have a degree in Business Management. I have had an interest in photography since 1998 and have been photographing weddings and much more for 15 years now. I'm very passionate about my work and a total perfectionist!
If you are looking for someone with a camera to call a service provider on your wedding day and treat you like “just another client”, that is not me! If you are looking for someone with top of the range equipment, that sees your wedding day as top priority, wants to live and relive the day with you, someone that creates lasting memories and art of your wedding images and someone that gives 200% on your wedding day, then you choose me!
I am rated a Master Photographer in accordance with PSSA (Photographic Society South Africa) and Paarl Photographic Club constitution rules. I have also been the Vice-Chairperson of Paarl Photographic Club.
I graduated through the NYIP with a 90%+ average.
I've achieved many club awards:
- Club merit awards
- Many 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in our monthly competitions
- 2nd place in Club Championship 2011 Set Subject category
- Winner of the Club Championship 2012 Set Subject category
- 2nd place in Club Championship 2014 Creative category
- 2nd place in Club Championship 2014 Open category
- Judged at Paarl Photographic Club, Worcester Photographic Club, Helderberg Photographic Society, Durbanville Photographic Club and Swartland Photographic Club as well as salon judge for Tafelberg Photographic Club.
- Invited as speaker at various clubs and have hosted portrait workshops for clubs.
I have also received 82 PSSA Salon Acceptances and 8 PSSA Salon Certificates of Merit, wish I had the time to do more of these!
From 2019 I will be offering one-on-one lessons for new or aspiring photographers, student photographers or those who wish to better their photography or skills.
I’ve written a comprehensive photography course/curriculum based on my studies through the New York Institute of Photography and based on my 15 years as professional photographer. At this stage I offer hourly (60 min) one-on-one lessons to suit your specific photographic requirements according to your needs. The amount of lessons are your choice.
Our studies will be based on my curriculum and I will supply you the parts of the curriculum that are taylored to your needs. Please contact me for more info.
I've photographed over 270 weddings. I love to capture the speciality of the day and create unforgettable and special memories for my couples. I'm very attentive to detail and my mission is to get the most out of your day and use every possible opportunity. We mainly cover the Boland area, but love traveling to other parts of the Western Cape.
On the day:
- About two to three hours before the ceremony we arrive at the location, capture the reception, groom & bridal preparations. (if locations allow)
- I cover all aspects of the day, preparations, ceremony, family photographs, bridal party, couple photographs and full reception untill the cutting of the cake or flowers and garter, whichever is last.
- I have an optional photo corner with props for guests which will be run by an assistant during the canapes and/or reception. This is great fun!
- Depending on the package you choose, with or without videography, I cover about 6-9 hours.
- Our packages are for Photography and Videography, but you are not compelled to use both services on your wedding day, the Photography service is available seperately.
- Your wedding day is very important to me, I do my best to capture everything to the highest quality! And I only use high quality professional equipment.
- Please contact me for full detail and packages.
- And yes, I have options to book a second shooter if necessary.
My photography service is incorporated with the videography team of Moments on Film - www.momentsonfilm.co.za. They supply a very professional videography service, covering all or most of the aspects I cover, depending on the package you choose.
They cover 6-9 hours of the wedding day and after editing the dvd duration is about 60-120 minutes, depending on the size and duration of the wedding.
The dvd includes:
- Venue scenery & reception.
- Groom and Bridal preparations. (depending on the package you choose)
- Highlights video which will be displayed on their website and social media.
- The complete church ceremony.
- The complete reception.
- Personal video messages from guests.
- All the other inbetweeners!
- Files provided on a memory stick.
- View examples of their work on their website or FB page.
STUDIO / FAMILY / COUPLE / MATERNITY / Newborn / MATRIC FAREWELL / PORTFOLIO'S / BOUDOIR ShOOT / COMMERCIAL WORK
- I have a home based studio for any of these shoots. Most of these shoots can also be done outdoors at a location of your choice. Within the Paarl / Wellington area fuel charges are included.
- I have an intimate newborn studio and provide all the clothes and props included in my sessions.
- For my Maternity sessions I have a selection of dresses to choose from included in my sessions.
- I also provide most of the props for your 1 year old's cake smash session, you only have to supply the cake and the baby :)
- Matric Farewell shoots can be done individually or for a group of friends.
- For Companies: I do professional personnel portraits, product and website photography. Please see my Commercial and Corporate Portfolio gallery for examples of my work.
OTHER VIDEOGRAPHY PROJECTS
In conjunction with Moments on Film, we deliver a videography service of any other type of event, which includes:
- School Concerts
- Music Concerts
- Church Sermons
- Sporting Events
- Promo Videos
Where necessary photography can also be booked for these events.
All our videography end projects are in digital format.
Ons kan net vir jou dankie se vir die uitstekende werk wat jy gedoen het. Jou troues vertoon altyd asof dit uit 'n tydskrif gekom het as jy klaar jou magic gedoen het.
- Andrew & Leandri
We are speechless, you have done it again, we love it sooooo much, thank you!
- Jonathan & Verene
Die fotos!!! Ek kan net nie kom oor die magic wat jy maak nie!!! Hulle is amazing!!!
- Gerhardt & Nina
My absolute favourite couple in the world. Brilliant job at making us all feel comfortable. Brilliant photographs and outstanding all round people ♡ couldn't have had any better!!! I've never experienced such incredible work! Thank you both so very much, you'll never really know just how grateful we are. And how fantastic you both really were!- Jarryd & Kirsty
Dear Charlene, my husband and I would like to thank you from the bottom of our grateful hearts for the absolutely incredible job you did as our photographer for our wedding. You were able to capture the day exactly as it happened and every time we look at the photos we experience every emotion all over again. You were extremely professional and made the entire experience comfortable. We never once had any concerns about your work. Thank you for leaving us with so many wonderful photos that we will be able to cherish for years to come!
- Gurshwill & Althea
Charlene, dis bitterlik mooi! Jy het maar net 'n oog en 'n touch... Dis stunning! Jy is 'n ster, dis pragtig! Het al ons fotos stukkend gekyk :D
- Charles & Estie
Charlene, almal praat net oor die pragtige fotos en sê ek het 'n uitstekende fotograaf gehad!
- Nihan & Surene