Hi, I'm Charlene Vernooy, I am a full time photographer, and the owner and main photographer of Vernooy Photography. A little bit about me: I am an internationally qualified photographer, I graduated through the New York Institute of Photography (NYIP). I have had an interest in photography since 1998 and have been photographing weddings and much more for 13 years now. I'm very passionate about my work and a total perfectionist!
If you are looking for someone with a camera to call a service provider on your wedding day and treat you like “just another client”, that is not me! If you are looking for someone with top of the range equipment, that sees your wedding day as top priority, wants to live and relive the day with you, someone that creates lasting memories and art of your wedding images and someone that gives 200% on your wedding day, then you choose me!
I am rated a Master Photographer in accordance with PSSA (Photographic Society South Africa) and Paarl Photographic Club constitution rules. I have also been the Vice-Chairperson of Paarl Photographic Club.
I graduated through the NYIP with a 90%+ average.
I've achieved many club awards:
- Club merit awards
- Many 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in our monthly competitions
- 2nd place in Club Championship 2011 Set Subject category
- Winner of the Club Championship 2012 Set Subject category
- 2nd place in Club Championship 2014 Creative category
- 2nd place in Club Championship 2014 Open category
- Judged at Paarl Photographic Club, Worcester Photographic Club, Helderberg Photographic Society, Durbanville Photographic Club and Swartland Photographic Club as well as salon judge for Tafelberg Photographic Club.
I have also received 82 PSSA Salon Acceptances and 8 PSSA Salon Certificates of Merit, wish I had the time to do more of these!
From 2019 I will be offering one-on-one lessons for new or aspiring photographers, student photographers or those who wish to better their photography or skills.
I’ve written a comprehensive photography course/curriculum based on my studies through the New York Institute of Photography and based on my 13 years as professional photographer. At this stage I offer hourly (60 min) one-on-one lessons to suit your specific photographic requirements according to your needs. The amount of lessons are your choice.
Our studies will be based on my curriculum and I will supply you the parts of the curriculum that are taylored to your needs. Please contact me for more info.